European Open 2023 will take place in the city of Hoersholm which is located only 30 min. North of Copenhagen. The venue is a sports center which offers a lot of activities for your family or kids as well:
The competion will be held on a soccer field made of natural grass as seen on the image above. In case of heavy rain we have a backup option to move to the artifical grass course – but we all cross our fingers for good weather.
The easiest way to Hoersholm is by car. If you are flying, it is possible to fly to Copenhagen Airport and rent a car – the trip is app. 45 min. from the airport.
If you prefer to travel with public transportation, there is a direct train from the airport to the station Rungsted Kyst which is only a 5 min. Taxi ride from the Sports Center.
Camping will be possible on-site. And if you choose to participate in our competition Danmark Open 2023 the week before European Open, it will be possible to camp on the same location for almost two weeks (July 12 to 24).
The Sports Center is located in scenic surroundings. The facilities that surround the venue include:
– Forrest to walk the dogs
– Only a 15 minutes walk from the Sports Center to the Sound for swimming with the dogs – and 5 minutes by car to the port of Rungsted, where there is a nice sand beach for swimming, restaurants and ice cream shops
– Large kids playground on the school next to the rings
– Skaterpark with bowls right next to the rings
– Ice Hockey Arena right next to the rings
– 18 holes Golf Course (Kokkedal Golfklub)
And only approx. 25 minutes’ drive from Hoersholm you will find Copenhagen with tourist attractions such as Tivoli, Copenhagen Zoo, Langelinie with the Little Mermaid, as well as not least lots of shopping, dining and much more in the inner city.